Moodle Implementation?

Hi Everyone -

I’m planning on offering CS Principles starting in the fall of 2019. I teach at a 100% online school with some classes that are synchronous and others that are asynchronous. We use Moodle as our LMS and will likely be teaching this in a synchronous format.

Have any of you worked with teaching this course in Moodle or some other LMS and be willing to offer ideas for what worked well or things to stay away from?

Thanks in advance.

Evening Jim. Were you able to do this? I am having endless problems with getting approval to get code.org implemented in my school district. The only logical next step would be to do an online class using Moodle. Any feedback would he greatly apreciated.
Thanks
Melien

Melien -

I have been teaching it this year in moodle. It has been a challenge in many ways.

Because our attendance is tied to assignment completion tracked in moodle, I have opted to create moodle quizzes that link out to code.org as needed and have students submit the links to their programs in moodle.

It has been a lot of work recreating things from code.org in moodle and I’ve run into some problems with plagiarism on programs and questions that students have found answers to on the internet. We do have weekly Live Sessions in Zoom with our students that I use to cover the portions of the course that require them to work cooperatively with other students.

Hi Jim. I have a few questions. Do you have an email I could use?
Thanks

You can email at jim.weiberg@blueskyschool.org