Multiple Choice Prep

Hi All!

Now that the tasks are 60 minutes behind us, I am wondering how you all are planning on preparing students for the multiple choice section of the AP test? I am planning on using Albert.io and code.org’s assessments but I want to do some more game-ifed review of the content. My go to is “trashketball” but I am also looking for other ideas!

Happy Testing Season!
Kaitie

1 Like

I am here searching for some help on the same thing, Katie! What is “trasketball”???

Content wise:
Code.org videos
Code.org assessments
Samples MC questions in CSP course description and and sample questions
Secured materials on college board audit website:
2016 Practice Test
2018 Practice Test

My favorite game-ify approach is Quizizz.com (should not be used with Secured Practice Tests)

1 Like

@awright it is a game I play in my math classroom a lot. You put a problem up on the board, students in groups do them on individual whiteboards. After a set amount of time you have them hold up their answers. Every team who gets it right, gets a point AND the chance to make a “trashket” which is really just an empty garbage bin on a chair in my room with a ball (there is a 1-pt and a 2-pt line). If the team makes a basket, they get the other 1 or 2 points. Then you move on to the next question.

Students get really into it. It works like a charm for math, and works fine for other topics too - I think a clicker type of game could work too fro CSP.

1 Like

If you are just looking to study some terms and definitions (sort of as a refresher), somebody made a Quizlet with a ton of terms in it. I like to play Quizlet Live with my classes at least once! The kids love it! Here is a link to the study set: https://quizlet.com/_4nvzms.

7 Likes

Thanks for the lead on the Quizlet! I will give that a shot.

I also made a Jeopardy game for students. It is a little heavier on the programming/algorithms side of things but since that has the biggest % of questions, I decided to focus a bit more on that.

KT

4 Likes