New Project Rubric for Unit 1 Lesson 8

Hi! We have a revised project rubric for this lesson, if you’d like to try it out.

The rubric has six associated marked sample projects to give guidance on how to use them. We’ve also created a document that outlines the expected student learning, organized into concept clusters.

Please check them out and let us know what you think. We’ll be incorporating your feedback into the final versions that get included in the 2019-2020 version of CS Discoveries!

Unit 1 Student Learning
Unit 1 Draft Rubric
Unit 1 Sample Marked Projects

Note: To copy an editable version into your Google Drive, click “File”->“Make a copy”. To download a PDF or editable MS Word version, click “File”->“Download as…” and choose your preferred version.

2 Likes

These are awesome resources - thank you! I am trying out the rubric with my class this week. I’m also excited to have some sample projects of varying quality to show them to help them understand the rubric better. (And it will make my grading life easier as well.)

One small fix - the link in your post is correct, but the “Sample Marked Rubrics” link on the “Unit 1 Draft Rubric” actually leads to a set of Unit 2 rubrics.

@ggallaher

Thanks for letting me know. I just fixed the link.

Elizabeth