Reflect sprite in sprite lab

Hello,
I would like to teach a short unit for an intro to coding using sprite lab. I need to connect it with my math content standards, but I cannot see how students can perform a reflection in sprite lab.
I don’t have time to teach all of unit 3 in CS discoveries so students can use game lab – is there another way I can address this?
Thank you
Libby

Hi @eoften,

You might need to give us more information about what you mean by reflection. I am thinking very literally (a mirror image of something) but not sure if that is what you mean.

There are some other resources that MAY?? be helpful to you:

• Here is a catalog of code.org curriculum where you can search by topic. It also does a good job of showing smaller activities and age group. Perhaps you can find something that would work with your limited time.

• Computer Science Connections is also another resource that shows some examples of code.org cs lessons that would work in classrooms such as math or language arts.

I know these may not be exactly what you are looking for. Let us know more information about your question and hopefully someone can share more resources.

~Michelle

Hello,
Thank you for your response. I had been using the code.org CSP curriculum, but now I am looking to use something with my high school geometry class.
So yes, I am looking at reflecting a sprite as a mirror image. I used the catalog of curriculum to find the level F curriculum, which I had thought would work, but the sprites do not appear toe be doing a pure reflection there.
At this time, I switched over to game lab, and am extending the project over a few weeks for students to work on asynchronously with structured check in points. It looks like there is a sprite.mirror() function in game lab that does not exist in sprite lab.

So I’m curious. Is this working in a geometry class for you? I love the idea! Very creative!

Hello,
We are working on this now. I will be sure to report back. It is a long term project that students are working on mostly outside of class time.
Libby

1 Like