Remove Background for Sprite

I am working with CS Discoveries. When I upload an image to use as a Sprite in the Animation tab, I don’t see a tool, like a magic wand that will let me remove the background so only the sprite image shows up. Even when I upload a “transparent” png, it always uploads with a background.
How do I remove backgrounds from images I upload to use in Game Lab?

Did anyone get back to you on this??? I’m having the same issue!

Hello!

The steps my students taught me :grinning: were to first choose the transparency from the color picker (I attached a screenshot). Then, click the paint can and “paint” the background. (I also attached a screenshot).

Hope that helps!
Michelle
11%20PM
28%20PM

Thank you!!! That worked perfectly.
:blush:

image001.jpg

For some reason this is still not working for me. I selected transparent with the color selector, but it is still painting black. Not sure what I’m doing wrong.

Here are a few tips that might help:

1. When you “paint” the transparent background, it does appear dark so not sure if that is was you are seeing.
  2. Double check you are clicking on the transparent option in the color picker (see screenshot)
  3. To be double sure you are painting transparency, make sure that both color pallets are set to transparent (2nd screenshot).

You may have tried all these tips. If you feel it still isn’t working correctly, you can share the project and we’d be happy to take a look.

Michelle

Screen Shot 2020-02-13 at 7.37.21 PM

1 Like