Unit 3 Chapter 1 Lesson 14

My student wants to be able to move the fighter pilots once the conditional is fufilled but for some reason he cant. I have tried separating and adding another draw loop but I cant figure it out.
Link to the project or level: link
**What I expect to happen:**My student wants to be able to move the fighter pilots once the conditional is fulfilled but for some reason he cant. I have tried separating and adding another draw loop but I cant figure it out.

What actually happens: the pilots just move back and forth. not up the y axis

What I’ve tried:

Hello @kayla.armstead,

So, what I’m seeing is that the “defender” sprites are being created inside the draw loop, so once the sleigh exits the top of the screen, the sleigh.y variable stays less than 0 so with each cycle of the draw loop, the defenders are being created over and over and over again and each time, they are being placed at the same y location (between 370 and 390).

You may want to see if your student can create them once at the beginning of the program and then find the sprite.visible block that can initially make them invisible, but perhaps once the sleigh is gone, they can be made visible again and then, since they aren’t being recreated over and over again, the y value will update inside the draw loop.

I’d caution against multiple draw loops as that tends to have unintended consequences, but hopefully this is enough to get you started. Let us know how it goes!

Best of luck!

Mike