function showRank(rank) {
var userList = getColumn(“Most Followed Instagram Accounts”, “Username”);
var username = userList[rank-1];
return username;
}

//can access the average amount of folowers
//average(integer) Average amount of followers
function findFollowerAvg() {
var followerList = getColumn(“Most Followed Instagram Accounts”, “Followers in millions”);
var sum = 0;
for (var i = 0; i < followerList.length; i++) {
sum = sum + followerList[i];
}
var findAverage = sum / followerList.length;
return findAverage;
}

onEvent(“show”, “click”, function( ) {
var user = U7LibrariesProjectPart2_2021.showRank(1);
setText(“text_area1”, user);
});
console.log(U7LibrariesProjectPart2_2021.findFollowerAvg());
showRank(1);
findFollowerAvg(1);

Link to the project or level: [replace with link to the curriculum or get the “Share” link to a project]
What I expect to happen: [replace with a detailed description of the behavior you’re trying to create]
What actually happens: [replace with a detailed description of what actually happens when the code runs including any errors or unexpected behavior]
What I’ve tried: [replace with a detailed description of what you’ve already tried to do to solve the problem]

Please provide the following information to better assist you.
Link to the project or level: [replace with link to the curriculum or get the “Share” link to a project]
What I expect to happen: [replace with a detailed description of the behavior you’re trying to create]
What actually happens: [replace with a detailed description of what actually happens when the code runs including any errors or unexpected behavior]
What I’ve tried: [replace with a detailed description of what you’ve already tried to do to solve the problem]

Link to project: App Lab - Code.org

and the following error shows up: ERROR: Line: 16: Oops, we can’t figure out what follwerList is - perhaps you meant the string “follwerList” with quotes? If this is meant to be a variable, make sure you declared a variable: var follwerL

The list seems to be misspelled in the library function, findFollowerAvg. It should be followerList instead of follwerList.

ohh my word!!! thanks

I don’t see follwerList line 16 has followerList

Check the library function. I have copy pasted the code below and bolded the misspelled list name.

//can access the avergae amount of folowers
//average(integer) Average amount of followers
function findFollowerAvg() {
var followerList = getColumn(“Most Followed Instagram Accounts”, “Followers in millions”);
var sum = 0;
for (var i = 0; i < follwerList.length; i++) {
sum = sum + followerList[i];
}
var average = sum / followerList.length;
return average;
}

Ok I see, I looked at the library function code and it is misspelled there… so is that her library or someone else’s she is using? Either way how does she fix the type o?

Ok I see, I looked at the library function code and it is misspelled there.
Can she edit the library if it isn’t hers?

I am so confused and learning at the same time… I need clarification on what a library is and sooo. I am going to redo this unit for myself…

Thanks so much.

Only the author of the library can edit the library. After making the changes, the library will need to be exported again.

Oh ok, thanks. I saw Her name by this library in my class list of libraries. I will check! You are so wonderful! Thanks for your patience.