Unit 7 - Lesson 20 - Level 6c

Students and I are not getting the unique outcome screens to appear when we click predict not matter what we do. Obviously we are putting our blocks in the wrong places or out of sequence, or both. We need some help. Attached is link to one of our projects so you can see.

1 Like

@jkemp,

That link was to the activity itself. Can you click on the “share” button on that page and send us that URL? That will give us the link to your project.

Thanks!

Mike

1 Like
1 Like

@jkemp,

It looks like somewhere that you lost some of the code that was imported during lesson 20, stage 2 - “Import your Model”. Most noticeably, the “getPrediction” block is missing.

Also, some of the IDs (including the id of the Predict Button) were changed, but the code was not updated to reflect that. This is causing this Warning that shows up when you run the code:

WARNING: Line: 2: The onEvent() id parameter refers to an id ("ClubSurvey_predict") which does not exist.

I’m linking you to a version of the project I made. My version does not have all of the activity screens and doesn’t look anywhere near as nice as your design, but if you just accept all of the default answers to the questions, it will take you to the “World Culture Club” screen, so it is functioning.

I also included code to show how I would go to the 2nd screen (Hiking Club), etc. even though that screen doesn’t exist in my App yet.

Sample Functioning Code

Does this help?

Also, since this is a brand new unit, any feedback you have on the instructions would be welcome if you wanted to pass it on to support@code.org. This is the first time I’ve played with this level, myself. There may be a way the instructions could be a little more clear if you can identify where you ran into the problems.

Good luck and check back in if you need further help!

Mike

2 Likes