Unit 7 Publishing Library

One of my virtual learning students sent this message:

“I have finished writing the code for the functions that I would like to have in my library. However, every time I try to publish the library, Code.org does not let me do so saying to “Please check your internet connection.” I tried hot-spotting to my dad’s phone, restarting my house’s Wi-Fi, going to my dad’s office to try their internet, but nothing is working, and I keep receiving the same message. I have all the requirements for my functions, so I don’t think there’s anything wrong with them. Can you please advise how I can publish my library of functions?”

Do you have a solution for this?

Thanks,
Holly Laird

I had this problem as well. It might be because the code is too long. Try minifying it at uglifyjs.net, with only support the non standard IE 6-8 checked.

If it were me, I would cut and paste the code into a new project and try to publish that. That would be my next step.

Hi Holly,

Would your student be willing to share a link to the project so we can take a closer look at what’s going on?

Thanks!
Ken

Hi,

Thank you for your response. We found that adding a number to the end of Library Name solved the problem. Holly

1 Like

Glad you got it to work!