'16-'17 General Discussion for Lesson 2.9

Use this thread to discuss your questions and comments about how to run the lesson.

(Not a “how to run the lesson” comment. Not sure where else to put it.). The “digital divide” portion of this lesson sparked excellent discussions among my students, even at our 7:25 a.m. starting time. :smile:

3 Likes

@anne_trachsel Sharing things went awesome is always welcome! This is definitely a good place to put it!

On AP CSP Unit 2 Stage 9 – Assumptions: I enjoyed this very much, so I was looking further into GFT. I found this article that indicates that some good scientists have done some tweaking of the weights on queries and the algorithms used. They have a fairly good fit with their methodology. http://www.nature.com/articles/srep12760#introduction You may want to look into this. It generated another round of discussion in my class Monday when we did Stage 9 – a good discussion about forecasting models and how we can check their validity.

1 Like

Teaching the course for the first time. Concerned about the articles and how quickly my students will be able to read/process the content; thinking about using the suggestion to read one article as a whole class. Can anyone recommend any of the articles over the others for this purpose?

I thought the Time article and good and straight forward but any of the articles would be good.

1 Like