Teaching in a Block Schedule

I think I started replying to this a few days ago and didn’t finish. Sorry for the delay.
We meet every day for 84 minutes (but the course is finished in December). So, it’s usually more than enough time to do one lesson but not always ideal to start another one. We have now finished Unit 1, although I’m assigning the Lesson 14 PT to be done at home and turned in later. I also just administered the Unit 1 test (I did Chapter 1 and Chapter 2 together as one test since I wasn’t really prepared as a new teacher to have them do the Chapter 1 test at that time). I would take a look at the assessment questions if you haven’t already and either make sure you have covered the content (which seems to be missing for quite a few questions - for example, hex) and/or plan to write your own assessments. I combined the Unit 1 chapter tests with a CS50 multiple choice test I wrote for the first ‘big’ test. So, in summary, Unit 1 Lessons 1-13, took me us 4 weeks, including some CS50 on the side. So, I probably stretched it out a bit too long but I think we’ll make up some ground in Unit 3 on programming (since we’ve covered a ton of that already) and my kids spent last year building apps already - so Unit 5 could go faster too.