U2 Challenge Decisions

final unit 2 project rubric.docx (142.3 KB) I required my students to have a map for each students locations, a final map with all locations marked, roads marked with distance and time, and 3 graphs that reflected locations, mileage, and time. I also had them use the problem solving process throughout their project showing what they did for each step. I required they start from the school and end at their group leaders home. They had to have a total of 3 locations per student traveled and if they did not have 3 locations then they had to add one. I also required that they all have 3 different locations to ensure there would be a total of 12 locations traveled. I had another rubric I used to grade, but for some reason it isnā€™t on this computer. I will upload it later if someone would like it. My students did surprisingly well with this assignment however I did have a few groups not do so well. (I break my groups into roles each group has a group leader (person in charge to make sure group stays on task), scribe (they are required to write down additional info given that was clarified during project and write group notes), reporter (this person presents any information when questions are asked during project time as well as gives me, the teacher, updates on their projects), and materials manager (this person is responsible for turning in my supplies that are used in class and keeping up with the groups materials that are needed for the project). The group roles have helped tremendously when doing projects. I really recommend this if you donā€™t already do something similar to this!

1 Like

I am modifying/adding to the Binary Unit Day 10-12.

I will be working on the Binary activity

I challenged my students to develop a binary activity in small groups and present the activity to the class.

I will be working on Day 10 Binary Lesson

ā€¢Day 10-12: Binary is the challenge I selected

Final Unit 2 Project-GROUP MEMBER GRADING.docx (112.6 KB) TEACHER RUBRIC to grade Unit 2 FINAL PROJECT.docx (102.8 KB)

THESE WERE IN EXCEL, BUT I HAD TO CONVERT TO A WORD DOCUMENT. You will have to set up the SUM in the final areas to get it to convert for you. Sorry, I hope these can still be used by someoneā€¦

1 Like

Okay, so I posted this here, but after I actually read all that had to be done I completed it and submitted it on a different pageā€¦ so I hope I did it rightā€¦ It just says to the right Forum, but there isnā€™t a forum for the Challenges so I guess I put it in the right place. Also, did anyone else notice that this was due on Nov 2? I just saw that partā€¦ I hope me submitting it now doesnā€™t count against me. I also noticed that the email I recā€™d earlier this week for Unit 3 is due Dec 1. I hope I can get that done in timeā€¦ I will be working on these all week to the weekend before my PD on Saturday. Hopefully then I can get some clarificationā€¦

I will be working on the linear and binary search algorithms from days13-14.

Jeff,
This is a very good lesson!
Tomeko

Hi Melissa,

The Nov 2 was just a suggested date for completion. Dec 1 is also a suggested date. For the Phase 3 Online PD you just need to complete everything by June to get credit for it. The online PD is meant to help you prepare for class so whatever works best for you to complete it is what you should do.

In terms of posting your challenge work it would be great if you posted the resources to the Forum topic for the specific lesson. There are topics such as U2 Day 1-2 Lesson Resources. If you did something for that day you would want to post there so its easier to find in the future.

Hope that helps!

Dani

I will be teaching the lesson on binary.

I am going to work on the binary numbers lesson. This seems to be one of the most misunderstood concepts to a beginner in this area.

I will be working on Minimal Spanning Trees.

My top three: Cornrow Challenge, Tower Building Activity and Minimal Spanning Trees.

1. Cornrow Challenge 2. Tower Building Activity 3. Minimal Spanning Trees

I need to revisit binary. A few of my students had difficulty with some of the concepts.

I would like to work on the minimal spanning tree.

I will be completing the challenge for the Binary Lesson.

I will be doing corn row braidings