About the CS in Science category

Welcome! This is a place for teachers who are implementing our Computer Science in Science curriculum as a space to share best practices, questions, thoughts, ideas and inspiration. We’re hoping to build a professional learning community for all of you amazing educators who are making change everyday in your classroom.

Please refer to our community guidelines and help us maintain a professional, courteous and supportive environment for learning and sharing.

Additionally, we ask that you keep the following norms in mind when interacting with others in this community:

1. This forum is for discussion of teaching and learning ONLY. If you have a question or comment related to any of the following, please do not post it here…it might not be answered in a timely manner!
  • Bug reports
  • Broken links or issues with online PD
  • Errors or mistakes in any of our curriculum documents

Support requests for your classroom or your school, or help you need from a code.org employee
If you need to post on any of the above, please go here and review the FAQs first, then post to our Support community: http://support.code.org

1. We are all in this together. As educators, we all want the best for our students. When providing feedback to others in this forum, please assume positive intent on the part of the original poster, and endeavor to add to the discussion.

2. Trolling and unprofessional behavior will result in immediate banning from this forum.

3. This forum is available for you, our teacher community, to run. Code.org regrets that we can’t respond to every post.

Welcome, and let the games begin!

1 Like

HI I’m new to Code.org. My name is Deepali Verma, I teach at Ponce De Leon Middle school. This is my 15th year of teaching Science. I’m hoping to get some information from the workshop to motivate the new generation of students.My background Graduate degree in Physical Analytical Science with Nanotechnology and I’ve always taught Science.

1 Like

Hi - I am Amy Holzenberg and I teach 6th grade Earth & Space science at Silver Trail Middle in Pembroke Pines. This will be my tenth year teaching full time. It is my second career & I love it.
I am looking forward to this course as I am hesitant about incorporating technology - there are so many programs/apps to choose from.

HI, My name is Jana Lee. I am starting my 5th year teaching 7th grade science. I participated in hour of code and I’m looking forward to working with CS in science. I teach in a rural part of our county at Callahan Middle school.

I am very new to coding. My name is Gail and I currently work with the Gila County Educational Service Agency where I lead professional development for the nine county school districts. I am also a board member with ASTA and will enjoy learning many things through this new platform.

This is exciting that you can bring this information to your rural area. All of the schools districts in Gila County are considered rural, some more than others. It will great to talk with you more on how you can use this in your rural school.