Assign Different Sections?

I know that it wasn’t possible in the past to assign students to different sections within the same class. I am wondering if this is still the case or if that’s been updated. I have students who are done with Unit 2 and I’d like to have them start the CS Fundamentals Express as a precursor to Unit 3, but I don’t want to have to create a new class. Any help would be appreciated! Thank you!

You can’t assign more than one class, but students can work on more than one class at a time. See this post from a few weeks ago where that is explained. Hope this helps, but if not, let us know.

Mike

Thank you, Mike. So, if I want to be able to observe student progress, I’d still need to create a class for that course, correct? Otherwise, students would just be moving through the course on their own without having it assigned?

Hi @buyskej,

You should be able to switch the course for monitoring progress without reassigning everyone. Click on the class section in question and then select “Select a course or unit”. From here you should be able to choosee to view their progress in CS Fundamentals Express, and then simply switch back to CS Discoveries when you’re done.

Hope that helps,
–Michael K.

Thank you! That’s great. Exactly what I was looking for.

2 Likes

Hi Michael,

So, I had a couple of my students start the CS Fundamentals Express course yesterday, but I did not assign it or set up a class for it. When I tried to look at it from the dropdown menu, that course wasn’t even an option for me to look at. Am I missing something here?

@buyskej , thanks for reporting! Can you please try looking again? When clicking on “edit section details” for a section of yours, then looking through the course dropdown list, the Express course should appear near the top of this list:

1 Like

Yes, I see it now. Thank you!