Combining App Lab and Game Lab

My students would like to link their Game Lab game to their App Lab project. Is this possible?

I don’t know for sure, but I suspect the answer is no. The only way I can see to even try would be to import the share URL from Game Lab into App Lab, but I haven’t tried it personally. You’ll have to let us know if you figure it out!

I’m going to dig deeper into this issue and see if we can’t find a way or at least see if Code.org will make it happen.

Hi Patrick,

There’s not really a good way to do this right now, mainly because Game Lab and App Lab are both a fixed size, and there’s no way to fit one into the other very easily. You can embed Game Lab and App Lab projects in a web page, including one made in Web Lab, but that’s the extend of embedding that’s well-supported right now.

Elizabeth

Thank you, Elizabeth. I’ll let the student know.

Also, is there a way for students to ask code.org questions to help with problem solving. This is a skill they need to develop.

Hi Patrick,

Because of privacy regulations, we don’t have a way for us to interact easily with students. If a student under 13 contacts us, we are unable to answer them for legal reasons. We’re trying to create more robust resources for them to use, but this will take time.

Elizabeth