Coronavirus unplugged Lessons

With the threat of schools closing due to the Corona-virus…Does anyone have any unplugged activities that would be suitable for 7th graders to do at home? The district is instructing us to prepare alternative instruction plans if this becomes the case. I am in a low income district where several students do not have access to the lessons and honestly they probably would not be able to work through most of them with out me.

3 Likes

Having similar questions as our district continues what to do next. Just to get started, I was thinking about repeating something similar to Unit 1 with the context of “look how much you’ve learned and grown in CS - let’s revisit this and see what new ideas we might have!” But after that…looking for ideas!

1 Like

Here are Code.org’s unplugged lessons. This is a great page of resources!
~Michelle

2 Likes

The forum has an all-call out there for anyone willing to contribute ideas. Maybe you can find something here: Supporting CS Discoveries students during school closures

1 Like

Have they done the first unit? Would it be possible for them to do an app or robot design that could help people at home. With the input/output/storage/processing for the app or robot? They could use the Problem Solving Unit’s project guide to help them, maybe with a little modification. Or the Unit 4 project guides to help them.

1 Like