In the 19-20 school year, the CS Discoveries team will be piloting several major revisions to the course, which will be implemented for everyone in 20-21. These changes include:
- Restructuring of content to better support flexible implementation
- Content revisions to the “What is a Computer? Input/Output/Storage/Processing” portion of the course
- Digital options for some unplugged activities
- More student choice in programming activities
- Better support for developing debugging skills
If you’re interested piloting some or all of these changes, please fill out the interest form below to let us how you might like to participate. There are opportunities for various levels of participation, from one class period to an entire semester. Piloters will be supported in understanding lesson changes and their expected implementation. We’re excited to hear from teachers with different perspectives and classroom implementations, so if you are interested in shaping the future of CSD, please let us know by filling out this 5-minute interest form.