Digital Version of the Variable Board

I like to have my kids practice their document creating skills so I made a digital version of the variable board so my kids did the work on the computer. If you are interested in the digital copy, feel free to use this: Digital Variable Board

Students can double click on the drawing and insert shapes to make labels and connectors.

4 Likes

Thank you for sharing this resource. How did this lesson go for your students? Last year during the pilot, I felt this lesson was essential for deepening the understanding of how variables work.

You’re welcome! I changed the privacy setting so you should be able to access it now. Hopefully, it makes sense!
I walked my kids through the first one and demonstrated what they needed to do. Then I checked for understanding and had them walk me through the second. They worked on 3 and 4 with a partner or by themselves while I walked around and they seemed to understand. We came back together as a class to introduce the sprite cards and properties. I’ll know better if they understand when we work on Lesson 9.

1 Like

This is the digital version I used: Variables Unplugged - Tracking variables sheet