Distinction Between "Java Script and Applab" Question

When my students go to upload their CODE to the AP Board, the AP Board asks which language was used, and 2 of the dozen+ choices are Java Script and Applab.

Most of my students used Applab and the language within Applab is Java Script.

Does anyone know which one they should CHOOSE?

I am aware the user interface has some “behind the curtain” HTML and CSS code which Applab takes care of.

Thoughts?

@jkeays

Although the language is Javascript, students who used AppLab should select Applab. I believe it has to do with how they assign readers.

Andrea

3 Likes

Thanks so much for the note

What would happen if a student selected JavaScript instead of App Lab? I am pretty sure I had a couple of students who either clicked on JavaScript when they uploaded or they put JavaScript in their 2a description.

@jkeays, @alicia_marsh

On the CB forum, they advised us not to worry about returning a submission to correct it.

Andrea

Unfortunately I just had a student submit after selecting ‘JavaScript’ although they did their work in AppLab. Should I reach out to CB or is it possible to make changes before the due date? Or is this not an issue? Thanks!

I don’t think it should be an issue, but I’m not a CB spokesperson or rep. I would contact College Board to be sure.

@anmrobnott is correct. The language choice is just to help to assign the CT to the various readers. Since there is no programming language in CSP, you get a wide range of submissions. Got to make sure they go to the right people!

1 Like

App Lab. App Lab doesn’t require very detailed Javascript knowledge to be scored. So if your student chose Javascript instead the reader assigned will certainly be able to score it.

1 Like