Free Canvas Framework for CS Discoveries

My district is requiring courses to be on Canvas to support a consistent student experience during distance learning. But, how do I integrate a Canvas instance with the Code.org platform?

I created a Canvas framework that includes modules and headers representing grading periods, calendar weeks and units. It includes just enough lesson-based Code.org content so I can represent which lessons are in which weeks, based on my school calendar and pacing decisions. The headers are easy to modify as the semester progresses. My students will have Code.org accounts and do their work on that website. They go to Canvas first, to see what is up for the current week/day.

This took about 2 zillion hours to create and is the result of too much time on my hands during quarantine. But when teacher friends heard about it, they wanted it too. I put it on Teachers Pay Teachers, here. It is free for now. I hope this helps.

2 Likes

Carol,

You are amazing! Thanks so much for this priceless resource. I am looking forward to using it this year.

Laurie

Thank you Carol for sharing. I am new to canvas. Your templates are a big help.

Iā€™m sure this took forever! Thanks for sharing it!!!

Mike