APCSP Canvas Course

I have been working on getting everything into a Canvas Course (free teacher version) to consolidate and organize all the of the AP Material. I have made it to about week five. This includes adding extra material from codeHS and Crash Course Computer Science.

A few nice pieces:

-I have created canvas quizzes weekly to help the students prepare for the tests (which are still in code.org)

-I created a weekly journal slide show for all of the Check for Understanding so the students can keep up digitally in one spot. They also upload them to canvas in a forum and have to respond to each other.

-All the activities are assignments in canvas.

-I turned all the slide shows into videos in case a student misses a day (or you are unfortunate enough like me to have asynchronous time).

-It is organized by suggested week per code.org pacing guide.

If anyone is interested let me know. Also, if any one would like to help let me know.

2 Likes

Hello! Is it possible to get access to this? I am also using Canvas and the weekly quizzes sound great!

What’s the best way to share it, I can export it. I have quizzes for the first 5 weeks or so.

I would love access as well. cgoodwin@bcbe.org
I don’t know what else you would need?

I added you to the Canvas Class but it said you didn’t exist. Let me know if it worked.

Here is a link to the class, I’ll upgrade users to teachers as soon as I can.

https://canvas.instructure.com/enroll/8BYF9P

Generally, when sharing content via Canvas its easiest to put it on the Canvas Commons! I believe you should have a “share to commons” button on the top right side of your settings panel for a course. Then you don’t have to worry about additional users in your course, and they don’t get notifications that they’re not turning in assignments!

I wasn’t sure how well it stays up to date. I didn’t actually share my class with anyone, it is the template that I update my class from. I.e. I do the updates and work on it, then copy it over to my actual class (so the students don’t see half completed assignments). But I will look more into the share feature.

Gotcha. That works too! The commons will not automatically update, but when you add content there you can choose to update a course to the commons rather than adding a new course. This does add another step to the process, but means that teachers could find the content without you having to do anything after it is published.

Robert,

I just stumbled across this thread in the forum and “registered” as a student on your canvas course link. However, I am a teacher in Edmond OK teaching CSP and would be interested in seeing what you have shared. My email is susan.james@edmondschools.net.

Thank you!

Ok, I bumped you up to teacher. I am only ever a week or two ahead of my schedule as I am also writing another Canvas course at the same time as this one.

1 Like

I just enrolled in your canvas course. I would love to have teacher access as well. My email is jenningba@wilkes.k12.nc.us

hi, i’m using canvas too and would like to see your course. could you please add me. my email is asha.arul@cdischina.com

Hi! - I would love to have access to your Canvas course and weekly quizzes - MANY THANKS!! my email: pgupta@brunswickschool.org

I am interested in the course if you can add me. JesseFutrell@richmond.k12.nc.us

I am interested in the course if you can add me mackenzie.robinson@bcsemail.org. I am currently trying to convert everything to canvas also If I have something you don’t I will share.

I am interested in this as well sir. jfletcher@hlpusd.k12.ca.us
Thank you!

Great, I sent the invitation.

I attempted to enroll in your Canvas Course. I have a Code.org account but this link will not take my login. When I chose the “new student” option, an error to load the page occurred. Is your course archived?

Does this link work? https://canvas.instructure.com/enroll/9FLEET