How to upload images from our desktop into sprite lab to use as sprites?

Can someone please help me on how to upload pictures for sprites in sprite lab instead of drawing and using the already given pictures

I had same question…

did u find a way for above?

For Sprite Lab, click on the Costumes Tab, then choose “Draw Your Own”.

Drag an image from your files or desktop to the workspace, and the following prompt will show up, which lets you size the image:

Cheers!
~ Hannah

It’s not working, neither by dragging image and nor by pressing Ctrl.+V key.

1 Like

I just noticed this not working. It literally worked on 11/10/21, with the CTRL+V option, for me and my students. Then I repeated the lesson for a new class today (11/16/21) and the CTRL+V didn’t work anymore. I also noticed that there is an upload image option only on my Teacher account, but not an option for Students. I hope this is going to be fixed soon as many of my students were very disappointed of the change especially after learning about fair use of public images from the Copyright lesson.

Hey @anthony.grant ! What you’d described in regards to a change in SpriteLab’s “Costumes” tab, was an intentional change in accordance with our updated privacy policy, and our new CS Connections curriculum so that students can work on teacher-assigned, open-ended projects. Our privacy policy prevents us from allowing images to be uploaded by students under 13 without filtering protections in place to “screen” for offensive content / text within images. We encourage students to instead use our recently-expanded library of 2,000+ costumes and graphics for their sprites. Students can also still upload images into AppLab, GameLab, or WebLab for example. Teachers can also still upload their own images into SpriteLab, share those projects with students, who can then “remix” those projects and have the teacher-uploaded custom images available for use within SpriteLab. For a video on this process, check out Sprite Upload Tool - YouTube. Our apologies for any inconvenience on this, and we appreciate the feedback!