Is there a way to upload multiple images at the same time in AppLab?

Hi. is there any way to upload multiple images at the same time in AppLab. I know how to do it one at a time, but don’t see any way to load more than one. I want to create a quiz with the images of the flags of 193 nations.
In alternative, is there a way to upload a modified zip file exported from a AppLab projects?
Thanks

P.S. This is a clone of the Is there a way to upload multiple images at the same time in App Lab and/or Game Lab? question that unfortunately didn’t receive any answer.

Hi @maurizio.boscaini,

The simple answer is that you can not upload more than one image at a time.

I am not quite sure what you mean by zip file exported from an AppLab project. If you mean upload the zip file through the image upload option - no this is not possible. The upload will only allow jpg or png files.

Sounds like a great project but yes - 193 images is a lot!
~Michelle

actually @melynn such a thing is possible in the asset tab… compared to the animation tab it just hangs for a minute or so and may take a little for all the assets to be accessible. personally I’ve done it with about 5k images before so less than 200 images really shouldn’t be an issue just open up the asset tab and the file folder and ctrl + a the directory and drag them in

Great @varrience. I figured if anyone knew :blush:. Where is the asset tab in AppLab?
Thanks!

You could also use the built in Countries and Territories data set - there’s a column of data with the image URL for each country’s flag.

That’s a great idea @galvinj since the flags are already there! The CSP curriculum for unit 6 teaches you how to use data sets with lists and loops. There are user created videos such as this one. And This video shows you how to compare user input to a column in a data set (which is what the flag quiz would do).

here is where you should go then open your media folder with the files in the asset tab and drag them in

1 Like