Public Projects

The public projects are getting more and more inappropriate. My K-5th graders are finding them every time they go into public projects. Does anyone know if there is a way to block students from the Public Projects? I will not be able to use Code.org next year if this keeps happening…

Hi @spriggsam,

Please follow these steps to report any inappropriate posts you see in the public gallery.

My understanding is that the public projects are a public gallery, so I don’t know of a way to block them from viewing them altogether.

–Michael K.

I have reported the projects when the students show them to me, via the student account. But, without going through all the public projects, I do ot have examples to send you. I did not save the links. If we run across more, I will save and send your way.
Ame

1 Like

Is this why there are no public projects on this page anymore?

Public projects still appear.

They don’t seem to appear for me. I go to the public projects link and then to “web lab” and it leads to creating a new project in web lab. It doesn’t lead to public projects made with web lab.

Web Lab doesn’t have a public page. You’re clicking on the “Create New” link for Web Lab. Instead of clicking “View Full List”, scroll down and click the “View More” link for the type of project you’re looking for.

Yes, I’m finding out there is no public page. But it’s misleading - the project page has web lab listed but as you state leads to a new project rather than published projects.

I don’t think it’s misleading, since it does say “Start a new project.”