Putting one student on a different coding course than the rest of the class

I have a Spanish speaking student and I want her to be in an older course than the rest of her class. However, we login with Clever and so it puts the whole class in the same course. Is there are way to have the rest of my class on the 2021 version and put this one student in the 2019 version?

I also have a high needs student that needs to be in a lower course. However, it automatically puts her in with the rest of her classroom. I know clever is part of the problem, but I don’t know a way around it.

Hi @jadams2 ! We’d be happy to help guide on this. Firstly, note that only 1 course can be assigned to a section at a time, and to all students within. For more info, see https://support.code.org/hc/en-us/articles/204874337-Can-I-assign-more-than-one-course-at-a-time-to-a-classroom-section-.

Using Clever sections does complicate things a bit in this case, due to restrictions with that 3rd party platform. If you want certain students to be assigned a different course / yearly version of a course than others, you’d need to take these steps:

• remove those students from the Clever section (via the Clever dashboard), which all other students are in
  • visit the “manage students” tab for the associated Code.org section, and click “sync” here to reflect updates (additions/removals of students)
  • make a new separate section on the Clever dashboard, for each noted student you want assigned a different course than others
  • return to the Code.org teacher dashboard, click on “create a section”, then choose Clever, and make a new section on the Code.org side which pulls from the newly-created Clever section(s) which hold just those 1-2 students within
  • the students in question can then sign in again via Clever as they’ve done in the past, and will be first brought to the assigned course (different from what the majority of students are assigned)

Our apologies for any inconvenience on this, and we appreciate the feedback!