Sharing their game

How can students share their game so it actually looks like the game instead of just the little display screen?

Sorry, I feel like I should know this, but don’t.

Do you have the share settings on for the class?

I do. Do they just send me a copy of the link? I’ve been having them copy the link and then send it to me in an email. Is there an easier or another way to do this?

Hi Sarah,

Are you trying to view the student’s code? When you get the display screen, click where it says “Built on Code Studio”, then choose “How it Works (view code)” from the menu that pops up. That will allow you to see the code.

Elizabeth

I can’t even get to the display screen.

Hi Sarah,

I’m not sure what you’re asking. What happens when you click on the link?

Elizabeth

I am having the students email the link to the game. I am just wondering, is there an easier or better way for the students to turn their game in? I know how to view their code, I’m trying to just view it in game mode and was hoping there was a way to do this without them having to email me the link.

I’m not sure what you mean when you say you want to see game mode. When you view their code, you should be able to see it by clicking “Run”. Can you send a screenshot or describe exactly what you are seeing now, and what you’d rather be seeing?

Thanks,
Elizabeth

I would like to be able to see it like this

. This is what I am referencing when I say game mode I guess. I didn’t know if there was a way for them to show up on the students project tab or not.

If you don’t want to see the code, you can go up tot he address bar and delete “/view” from the url, then hit enter. It will take you to the view without the code.

Elizabeth