Spring Summer Fall text colors won't change

I have several students who, despite copying and pasting the same information from winter to the other seasons in CSS, can’t get the colors to change away from black (not even to white like winter) there must be something I am missing. They are getting quite frustrated when they follow the same steps as their neighbor and nothing happens, and the neighbor’s changes. Thank you

.winter {
color: rgb(195,230,255);
}

.spring {
}
.summer {
}

.fall {
}

@rlynch

Hi!

Sorry you’re having some problems with getting the changes to show. Have the kids tried hitting the “Refresh and Save” button? Sometimes the code doesn’t refresh for various reasons.

It also may be that the students do not have the classes referenced in their HTML files. (the class="fall" part of the heading or paragraph tag.)

If that doesn’t work, maybe you can remix the project and send us a share link so we can look over all the code. You can also choose the “Report a Bug” button, and we’ll be able to work with you directly over the support system.

Elizabeth

We have tried refresh and save and log out and log in… we’ll try the other suggestion thank you!

My students are having the same problems with this particular lesson. The RGB does not seem to work here in certain instances. When we insert color with just the name it works. I have tried it myself and it does not work.

@awade

Hi, sorry the RGB block isn’t working for you. Can you hit the “Share” link in Web Lab and send us the URL so we can see the code that is not working? That way we can troubleshoot and maybe get to the bottom of the problem.

Thanks,
Elizabeth

was anyone able to find a fix for this problem?

@jeni.byrd

Hi Jennifer,

Can you hit the “Share” link in Web Lab and post the URL so that we can take a look at what’s not working? We would really like to get to the bottom of this, but it’s hard without looking at the code that doesn’t work.

Thanks,
Elizabeth

we figured it out. we had the color correct in the style.css but had not added the “class” to the index.html.

Okay, great. I’m glad it worked out.

Elizabeth