Student Progress and the exporting the green circles

Well, glad to hear Import/Export funtionality is still on the horizon, to some extent, at least!

Though, at this point, I’d honestly settle for simple CSV dump Export :stuck_out_tongue:
Something… ANYTHING, would be better than the manual process we go through now :frowning:

2 Likes

You can dump assessment results to csv right now. Are you hoping for progress to dump to csv?

3 Likes

I would like to be able to dump the progress scores to csv as well as the assessment results. I’d love to see this implemented.

3 Likes

Just adding a ‘vote’ for being able to dump progress in courses to csv or any other exported format.

4 Likes

Now that many of us are juggling remote learning, I want to revive this topic again.

Any updates to being able to dump progress to csv?

1 Like

Yes, and if it is possible and available in the code.org database, also include the amount of time spent (in total or by lesson). Thanks!

I agree. An export to CSV for progress would be awesome. Formative assessments are more actionable if you can work with the data. Time would be helpful too.

How is the csv dump for assessment results done?

Hi @mfranzen,

If you click on the class, then go to the “Assessments/Surveys” tab, you should be able to select the assessment and click either the “Download CSV of student responses” link or click the “Download CSV” button.

Frank

Unfortunately, I don’t have any assessments or surveys as part of my courses. Is this something that each individual teacher creates?

1 Like

These are the assessments built into the curriculum and not teacher created assessments. In general they are the end of Unit assessments. From my dashboard I click on the section name. In the screen that pops up I click on Assessments/Surveys on the top and this is what I see:

From there I can download a csv file of their scores.

Any progress on this issue of being able to export progress?? Is there another thread with the solution?

Hi @robyn.porter,

Frank posted upthread about how to get assessments & surveys downloaded as a CSV. It works the same way for text responses.

At this time there is not a way to export this for the progress on the bubbles. I’d encourage you to submit a feature request so this is something the engineers know teachers would like to have.

Thank you!
–Michael K.