U5L9, Level 3 Theater Missing?

The instructions say to experiment with different edge distance values to see how it effects the edge detection, so I think I’m supposed to Run it.

However, I get an exception:
[EXCEPTION] Level type mismatch: Theater projects are not supported on a non-Theater level.

Please advise - thank you!

1 Like

Hi,
I see what you are describing, this level is using the Theater class but does not have a window to show the Scene created!
Emailing support@code.org to report this bug is the next step, I will go ahead and send them this info.
Thanks for pointing this out, it is helpful for others in the CSA community to know about this issue. It looks like the code is the same on levels 1, 2, and 3, with different things pointed out to notice and try in the code on each level. If you are teaching this lesson before this level gets updated, I would suggest displaying the instructions for level 3 on the projector to your class and having students do the coding on level 2.

Best,
Lindsay

1 Like

Thanks for pointing this out @williamsj1 ! I also reported this by going to “Rate this Lesson” on the Unit page (pictured below). I suspect that if enough traffic comes across support’s desk on this lesson it will get attention sooner.

-Best
Sam

I got a reply from my email to support@code.org and they said it is a known issue, and should be updated soon.

Best,
Lindsay

1 Like