Unit 8 Lesson 7

My students are unable to get the code in Levels 1-5 to run without errors. Has anyone been able to debug?

Hi @jcollins1! Thanks for bringing this to our attention. The problem is with the FileReader class. The class was moved to be a hidden support class this year and it must not be included for these levels. The best way to get some attention is to email support@code.org. If you email them and I email them, I’m hoping this issue will get some traction.

2 Likes

@jcollins1, I wanted to follow up with what support@code.org replied to me when I sent them an email on the 12/13/23:

Hannah (Code.org Support)

Dec 18, 2023, 6:45 AM PST

Hello Samuel,

While the Code.org support team is here to assist you throughout the winter holidays, this request requires assistance from another Code.org team.

At this time, Code.org staff will be out of the office for winter break, from Monday, December 18, 2023 through to Tuesday, January 2, 2024. Our staff will be back in the office on Tuesday, January 2, 2024.

Please expect a response from our team during the week of January 2, 2024, though please note that some requests may take a bit longer to look into.

We thank you for your patience and hope you have a wonderful holiday season!

So as of now they are still working on it. @jcollins1, If you end up circling back to this please let us know the status of it. I will do the same if I receive another email. I am currently on Unit 5 and about to head into semester break. Once I begin to plan U8 I’ll also circle back to this post to give any status updates.

1 Like

I received a similar email. Hopefully we will hear soon about a fix.

Thank you

1 Like

Hey @jcollins1! I received confirmation that Code.org is addressing this issue from this email:

** Andrew (Code.org Support)*

Jan 2, 2024, 1:34 PM PST

Hello Samuel,

Thank you for your patience.

A FileReader class has now been added to that level, and you should see this reflected in the next few days when our system next updates.

If you have any additional questions, please let us know.

Best,
Andrew*

I just checked that level as of posting this message and I still receive the error. I will be checking it periodically and will let you know when I see a change.

-Sam

Greetings all,

I am able to confirm that the FileReader support class has been added to these levels, and that they appear to be compiling properly.

Let me know if you have additional issues with this sequence of lessons and I’ll be happy to investigate!

-Erik

2 Likes