Unit 3 Lesson 7 Sprites

What level do the sprites students create get saved for them to use in future lessons?

As far as I know, if you create a sprite, you can only use it in a different project if you remix it and use the remix to build a new project.

Unfortunately, there isn’t an easy way to save a sprite itself for future use.

Mike

If I know what you’re talking about (because I was tired reading this) you can actually download sprites. Just follow my instructions.

Step I: Press the export button in the animation maker.
Screenshot 2022-12-02 9.17.02 AM
Step II: Press download
Screenshot 2022-12-02 9.17.16 AM
Step III: It is now downloaded, you can now use the sprite downloaded for any other project (if you import it).

Yes, but I’m not sure they can be re-uploaded if they are multiple frames. I haven’t tried that yet, but I guess it’s worth a shot.

Mike

It’s a gif file, so you can probably upload all the frames.

1 Like

Many of my students have tried this (downloading from one project and importing into another) but, alas, you can not upload a gif file (the downloaded file format) into the animation tab :disappointed:.

My students will typically either do as @mwood suggested and remix OR copy and paste actually works pretty well between projects. You use the rectangle select tool Screen Shot 2022-12-02 at 10.45.52 AM to highlight the pixels from one sprite and copy and then use the same tool (select the blank canvas in the new project) and then paste. It is a little work intensive if there are many frames but if they spent some time on the sprite - they’ll do the work:)

~Michelle

1 Like