Unit 3 Lessons 8, 9 and 10

Can someone show me or point me in the direction of a screencast for how to share with pair programming in this lesson? I am so used to the previous Unit 3 that I thought pair programming would work the same in this unit too. Where students can combine the design screens, their basic code then have the owner tweak it before submitting. I need to see it done visually. Any help?
Thanks!

@kimberly_l_gustin Please check this post in the Game Lab Docs: https://studio.code.org/docs/concepts/app-lab/design-mode/importing-screens/
Let us know if you need further assistance.

1 Like

Thank You! Will try this out on Thursday.

1 Like

When pair programming, how do the students know who is the driver and who is the navigator? I have two students who pair programmed and they didn’t understand which computer to use.

The definition of pair programming has become blurred over the last 2 decades.

For me, you use one computer, not 2. Choose either one, or the best one if they are not identical.

There is no such thing as driver and navigator. Those definitions were originally created by someone who didn’t know how to pair program.

There is one student who happens to have hands on keyboard. Both are actively coding. Both are looking at and reacting to a single computer.