Unit 3 lessons 3 & 4

Is the intention that partners make one app together or that each person makes their own version of the same app? Is there a way to link partners at this level so they can each make a different screen on the same project. Most of my students are in person and some zoom in each day, so I’m trying to wrap my brain around keeping this a collaborative work while building the screens and then coding.

EDIT: I see in the lesson plan that they can split up the work and share their screens but I don’t know how to do this. Can I get a tutorial?

EDIT 2: OK, so they can import each others screens - I remember that from last year. How about sharing code in the later lessons?

TIA

They would need to copy and paste their code on a Google doc to share it. I don’t think it is possible to share a project on Code Studio.

How do students import screens from one another?

1 Like

They need to share their share link (top left of screen). Then they can use the dropdown for screens and choose import. I have a made a google doc for partners to share links and code.

Do you mean an instruction doc? Would you mind sharing this? I remember last year there was a ‘pair programming mode’ so I didn’t expect this speed bump. Thank you. (It seems the PP mode is there, so I hope they can just work on the same file once they get to coding.)

Here is the google doc I made for this project:

1 Like

Thank you for sharing your doc!

In case it’s helpful, I have answered this question in another post in more detail!