Unit 7 Lesson 3 Part 1 Ramen Radar Prototype not working

I am about to work through the Ramen Radar app with my kids. The prototype on lesson 1 is not working for me. I would like to know what is meant to be displayed before we start building the app. For instance, if I choose 4 stars the output is:

"There are 0 varieties of ramen with a rating of 4 stars or higher.

That number represents NaN% of all the ramen varieties included in this dataset."

Is this intentional or a bug?

Thanks!!!

I remember when I first used this app, I saw a similar behavior. The app takes some time to load the columns of the database. So wait for some time before you click on any of the buttons and dropdown menus. I just checked and it is working for me. When you select 4 star, you should see this

There are 1888 varieties of ramen with a rating of 4 stars or higher.

That number represents 46% of all the ramen varieties included in this dataset.
1 Like

My students are working on this currently and I’m so glad I found this. We were so baffled why we kept being told countries was not defined when we clearly had.

I am having the same issues when I use the Ramen Ratings Data, but no matter how long I wait some of the lists are not loading. Some of my students are not having issues… it is very frustrating. I am trying to compose the values for using the truncated data set Ramen Rating. Here is what I have, I would love confirmation.

1 Like

@cpetroro

That’s what I got when I went through the Teacher Exemplar app as well!

Best,
Michael K.

My students where not able to complete the Ramen Radar at all due to it being block by Aristotle that they district uses to monitor the internet usage. They were able to get access to the Netflix one.

I appreciate that data @gibson.margarete . It reminds me to be proactive about looking for access before going in to it with my class. Thanks!

1 Like

Did you notice that the sample of the Netflix app returned movies that did not fit the categories correctly at all too?

This has been really frustrating. I feel like there needs to be a lot more troubleshooting and checking for errors before moving forward with editing lessons.
I felt like the lesson last year was fine the way it was. I feel like these lessons are becoming more and more difficult, to the point where my introductory level students aren’t able to complete them.

Thank you for the feedback. I would recommend submitting this at https://support.code.org as well so the correct team sees it.

–Michael K.