What's next? After completing Course C

Hi All,
Just wondering after successfully completing Course C with my 2nd Grade students, should I teach them Course D and so on or it will be repeated lessons with the same concepts?
Also, these courses(A-F) are categorized by grade levels but which age? because it differs from country to another, for example, my students are 7 years old and in grade 2 so I started Course C with them and I wanted to make sure that it’s appropriate for their age.
Thanks

In my opinion, if your 2nd graders finished Course C and understood the concepts I would begin Course D. Some of the concepts are the same but they get more advanced. Make sure you check for understanding. I do not hold back my students, if they are ready for the next course, I let them move forward. Hope this helps.

1 Like

Hi @paradise_r_g!

Thanks for offering support @pbesthoff1!

Another thing to keep in mind is what the 3rd grade teacher plans to teach in the following year. If they are counting on teaching course D, then you might want to look for other options for the remaining weeks of 2nd grade.

Many of our teachers integrate 3rd party lessons after completing a CS Fundamentals course. You can check out other resources from our partners here: https://code.org/professional-development-workshops

Keep up the good work of making quality CS education available to all students!

Megan

1 Like

I agree and this is great time to apply what they have learned in Code.org using the 3rd party lessons. Students also learn that coding is just not done in code.org.

1 Like