Computer Science in Science PD: Meet and Greet

Hi Andrea, how’s your summer so far? Let’s make sure we are sitting next to each other for the three day seminar at UCI

Hi! My name is Natalie. I have been a seventh grade life science teacher for 9 years. Before that I worked as a Respiratory Therapist/Sleep Technologist.

Hi! My name is Brenda Mueller and I teach 7th grade science in the San Diego Unified School District (16 years). I have tried to include a little CS in my lessons but I really have very little knowledge of CS. I am so excited to participate in this program!

Hello Emil, I’m in Houston also. I look forward to meeting you soon.

Any experience with computer science?

I have been teaching for 12 years. I am a family and consumer science teacher but will be teaching the GUTS program for the first time this coming year as the FACS program has been eliminated at my school.

Hello, my name is Jimmy and I have 5 years of teaching experience.

Nice to meet you Cheryn. I actually have another teacher from our school participating. We will look for you on Monday. :smiley:

I will also be working with VEX this year. Are you working with a competitive team after school or through PLTW curriculum?

My name is Nick Safin, I have worked at Grady Middle School for 5 years. I teach Computer app, Physical Education, and Concepts of Engineering.

Hello My name is Amy Slack and I have been teaching Life Science for the past six years in middle school. Last year I began teaching a class in physical science as well.

My name is Natasha. I have 9 years of teaching experience and have taught mostly 8th Grade Science. I taught in Mississippi before moving to Virginia. I teach 8th Grade Physical Science and was a computer programming major before switching to biology. I haven’t dealt with any computer science in a long time and am looking forward to learning more about it.

Hi. I am a bit nervous for this experience as well… It has been a long time since I have done any type of coding. Something tells me that this will be a great experience. :smile:

Hi! I’m Libbey Kitten. I’ve been teaching science since 1989.

Hi Jimmy! I look forward to seeing you tomorrow.

Libbey Kitten from Henrico County???

Hi, my name is Don and I have taught 6th grade science for 12 years. I am excited about challenging both myself and my students with CS in the science class. I believe I have kids who will eat his up !

Hi, my name is Kenn. I taught 6th grade math and science for 20 years, then science 6 for 18 years and currently just completed my second year of 8th grade physical science.

HI, My name is Dawn and I have been teaching for 15 years in Virginia!

Hi my name is Sherri and I have been teaching History at Kate Collins Middle School for 7 years. This past year was my first year teaching Science along with History. I am very interested in Computer Science as I think it will be useful and engaging to my students. I have no experience with Computer Science so I am excited to begin this PD.