Day 3-4,5: Basic HTML - Paragraph, Header, Strong, and EM Tags Lesson Plan: Day 3-4 Basic HTML

I would review previously learned information (html codes) and resulting outcomes as they relate to webpage design. Then introduce 2 new codes (strong = bold, and emphasized = italic text). I would ask students to predict what they thing these two html codes would do / produce and share / brainstorm as a class. I would then use an online html simulator / tutorial (as is provided in the lesson plan) so students can investigate these new codes for themselves. I would then ask students to share what they learned from their independent investigations. As an extension activity, I would play a game (“I have, who has?”) to review all the html codes we learned so far. This game is completely interactive and gets all students to pay attention and be engaged. It also reinforces important terms learned so students can be more successful when completing their own webpages. I would then have students explore each other’s web pages and offer suggestions (in html format) and then have them update their pages using this feedback (where they would have to interpret the feedback provided and actually implement the changes using their knowledge of html again.