Alternative WATERLESS Activity for U1L1

These are awesome - can’t wait to use for my classes to start the year with these team-building fun activities! Thanks for sharing.

I think this will work perfect for me. Because it’s a computer lab, I don’t want water in there and just the thought of going outside to do it with all the tubs of water and freshman seems daunting.
Can you tell me what weight book you use? I don’t have textbooks but I do have come books in my room, just curious about with size and weight for this activity! Thanks!

I’m not sure of the weight of the book, unfortunately, but I can check. We are currently on Labor Day break, but once I get back to work, I’ll send you a message. I do have a picture of one from our project that I can share, though!
build%20a%20structure%20textook|589x500

After the students completed their parts, some of them issued me a challenge to see how well I could do - some didn’t think it was possible to succeed, so I built a structure and tested it for them, and it stayed up for several hours.
Then they wanted to see how long it could last with more weight put on top, so we stacked books and tested for the allotted time between each one until it collapsed.
They had a lot of fun with it!
teacher_challenge_10-2018|612x414 teacher_challenge_design_10-2018

2 Likes

Thanks! I hope it goes well in your classroom!

OMG! This looks awesome!!

1 Like

This is great! Thank you!

I love this idea, and they’ll LOVE the website!

1 Like