Animated Sprite Issue in Game Lab

One of my students created a Sprite under the animations tab named Mitonasu. It does not seem to be selectable even though the other sprites are. Any suggestions about how to fix it?

hi @mjdeister!

Would you be able to share a link to the project so we can take a look?

thanks!!
Kevin

I will get the link from the student in the morning.

The link is: https://studio.code.org/projects/gamelab/PhS7uO-tVU_eQwm30lATP3u_d2XNbWcjKciKJgtTjCA

Hi Myra,

I took a look at the project, and I was able to click on and use each of the animations. Can you clarify what you mean when you say that the animation is not selectable?

Thanks,
Elizabeth

This happens when he is in the editor window. He cannot select Mitonasu to use it in a project. The sprites he is using in the project work fine.

Hi Myra,

I’m confused what you mean because I see it in his project right now. He assigns a sprite that animation on line 22 and it appears to be working. Can you give a specific example of what he’s trying to do, what he expects to happen, and what’s happening instead?

I’m also not sure what you mean by the “editor window”. Is that the Animation tab? If so, what specifically is he doing in the tab, what does he expect to happen, and what happens instead?

I hope we can get it figured out!

Thanks,
Elizabeth

I will take a screen shot tomorrow and add it to my explanation. Essentially, the student created a sprite and he is unable to add it to his code. The code he created is with other sprites.

mitonasu%20broken

I circled the sprite. As you can see it has a full sprite and then a part of the same sprite.

Hi Myra,

This appears to be an engineering bug. The project is referencing an animation that doesn’t seem to exist anymore. I’m not sure how that happened. The engineering team is looking into it, but if you want, you can make a bug report through the system that will let you talk with them and have some more insight into what they’re doing about it.

It might be a short term solution to just delete the animation and create a new one.

Elizabeth