Transfer Animations

I have a student who created many animations during certain activities that were not linked, but now is trying to copy them into other projects. How can this be done?

Hi Ann,

Did the student create an animated sprite in GameLab in one activity and now wants to use it somewhere else? GameLab does not save sprites to be used from project to project. I tell my students to remix the project so they can reuse the sprite.

I may not have answered your question. If not, can you provide more information? A link to one of his animations would be very helpful.

~Michelle

[quote=“filiere.ann, post:1, topic:30074, full:true”]
I have a student who created many animations during certain activities that were not linked, but now is trying to copy them into other projects. How can this be done?
[/quote
Thanks so much for your response. I am so new to this and I am struggling. We did the remix and that seems like a new project but he can’t seem to use the sprites he created in other projects. I will try to send a link

the link only shows the code not the sprites he created…

Thanks for sharing. I could see his sprites by clicking “view code” and “remix”. GameLab does not save all his sprites separately but he can use them again if does the following:
-From his workspace, click “Remix”.
-The project then saves in his “Projects”. He (and anyone) can access their projects from their main dashboard home page (Easy find this by clicking on 4 black CODE squares) and then scrolling down.
-If he continues to remix this project, his sprites will be there for future access.
**But you are correct - he can’t use these sprites in other existing projects. He’ll have to always remix the current project to access the sprites.

Hope this helps!
Michelle

Thank you very much for your help! I got that to work. I really appreciate the support!