AP CSP - Marzano's Proficiency Scales

Does anyone have an example of how they have used/created a Marzano Proficiency Scale? Please share!

Thanks!

Did you find any or write your own?

I’d love to know what others have come up with. I work at an objectives-based school, and continue to iterate on my objective design. I’ll share some thoughts below in case it is helpful and would love anyone’s feedback on this year’s set if you’re willing to dive in!

Here are the ones I used last year:
CS Objectives
These are a little more traditional “standards based grading” style objectives.

And I am in the process of developing some new ones this year (think DRAFT):
CS Class Cognitive Based Skills
This year, I’m hoping to do two things differently.

1. I am building out this table such that it might be used in ANY CS class in my program. This means Intro courses may only use rubric levels 0-4, where higher level courses may dive in to deeper understanding. It also means some of the skills may not be relevant to CSP and I simply won’t include those in the CSP class.
  2. I really want to focus my rubric on the cognitive skills needed for CS. I have a lot of conversations about how yea, you can write a function, but that doesn’t mean a lot if you can’t use it in context. This rubric is going to be paired with a set of content skills that students are assessed on in a pass/fail manner. These will be considered almost “prerequisites” for being able to dive deep in to the cognitive process of writing and engaging with elegant programs.

Cheers!