App Lab Sharing Screens

My students are trying to share their screens in the app lab. I have sharing enabled. They use the Share button and get the link, then the other student goes to import screens and pastes the URL. It says that the link is invalid. Are they doing something wrong?

@heather.landberg,

I assume that you have told them that the screens can’t have the same ID. Here is a link to the documentation where they share that warning.

Also, you did say they were using the “share” button to get their link which should be the only other thing to worry about. Just check that link closely to make sure it matches the one from the share button.

If you are still having problems, you could contact support@code.org and give them all the pertinent information such as account names, share links, etc. I’m not 100% sure what would be causing the links to be invalid, so I would give that the eyeball first and make sure they were copied correctly after hitting the share button.

Mike

They know about the screen ID. We actually figured it out. We have to add a slash to the end of the link from the Share button. At first, I thought it was one group that just didn’t copy the whole thing, but every group had to do it and it worked every time.

Glad to hear you got it to work. This will be good information for anyone who has the same problem in the future and visits the forum to try and figure it out!

Mike