Chromebooks and the Circuit Playground

I’m trying to figure out how to make these circuit playgrounds work on a chromebook. I went to the website www.code.org/maker/setup and ran the test. All was good.

I then went to unit 6 lesson 3. Looked at Bubble 4 called “Using the LED.” Ran the program. I get the success screen.

I then go to Bubble 5 called “Using the LED” and I get VERY inconsistent results. Enough that I feel this was a waste of money. It just keeps coming up saying “Make sure your board is plugged in.”

What do I do?

@dbroersma

Hi Dan,

Can you report this as a bug at support@code.org or in the menu at the top right corner of the Code Studio screen? That way we can investigate the problem a little easier.

Thanks,
Elizabeth

Hi, my students today were getting the same error message in Lesson 3 Bubble 5. It kept saying “make sure your board is plugged in” even though the setup screen said everything was installed and working properly. We are also using Chromebooks. It is frustrating to say the least! Please let me know if I need to make a bug report as well. Thanks!

Hi Jacqui,

Please report this as a bug. Sounds like the same problem Dan was having in the previous post.

Thanks,
Karen

Thanks Karen. I sent a request on March 4th- here is the request number 231513.
I hope to get a solution soon.
Jacqui

Hi, I am having the same problem on a desktop all-in-one PC. Have you tried something that works?

It seems like this might be a bug. Did you put in a bug report for it? It might be good for them to receive a couple of bug reports so they can see if it is a problem that is repeating.

Thanks I will send a report if I keep having trouble