Circuit express boards

Hi all!
I am trying to use the adafruit circuit express boards in unit 6 on physical computing . . I have the code maker app on our macbooks and the usb cables . … but the boards usually do not connect . . argh!

@jim.cibulka ,

Here is a link to a page on using the Circuit Playground Express. Halfway down the page is a section on debugging. If you haven’t gone through that yet, this could be a help for you. If you are still having issues, you could contact support@code.org or reply back here with some specifics on what you’ve tried and what error messages if any you are getting.

Mike

Thanks . . .

Turns out they do not work if you do not click the gear icon first . . . weird . . I thought the self test on lesson 6 part 3 was good enough . . .nope!

My boards are fine now . . .

Jimc

Great! Glad to hear that.

Mike

Where is the gear icon? I am having the same issue but mine is with windows machines.
Thanks!

I’m not sure which icon they are referring to. If you are having problems on a Windows machine, I would first refer to this article and if you still are unable to resolve them, contact support@code.org

Good luck!

Mike

Thank you! I actually think that a few of the boards are no longer working properly. Only half of the lights come on when you press the reset button and the board is very hot. Maybe it got fried somehow?

1 Like

Could be. You could also tey updating the firmware.

Mike