Code not running in blocks view, but will run after pressing show text

Several students have had no code running when in blocky view in this section. However, when we switch to text view, the code runs fine. Is anyone else having this issue?

I have had problems with the code running in both text and block on several of the unit three tasks… In the short term, I have students go to another drawing screen to accomplish the given task.

@slooowlearner and @sean.jackson thanks for raising this issue! I’ll pass it along to the right people! Also, this would be a great “report a bug” event. There should be a button in the top right hand corner of the screen for students (or teachers) to report a bug. I believe that helps the engineering team identify the people and location of the issue a bit more easily.

Sorry about the confusion, though! I know these little bumps can throw things off a bit!

Thanks again for reporting this!
KT

Hi. I’m sorry to hear this.

Would you mind either a) reporting a bug as @kaitie_o_bryan suggests or b) provide the Share link for the code that’s not working (On any one of the tasks you should a button that says “Share” in the top left of the screen. Click that button, and it presents you with a dialog from which you can copy/paste a unique link for that code (see screen shot below).

We’d love to hunt this down for you, but to do that we need to know what the “offending” code is. Provide it here or in a bug report and we’ll find it.

Thanks,

Baker
CSP Team

It’s not an issue with code. I have two students helping each other and therefore had exactly the same code. (and I double-checked). One student’s did not run while in block mode but did run when in text mode.

Please follow the steps outlined by Kaitie and Baker to report this bug. Thanks!

A post was merged into an existing topic: Unit 3, Lesson 15

Hi all,
Apologies if this isn’t the best place to post this, but I actually came across this question because my students and I have also been running into this issue in the CSD curriculum - I only belatedly noticed the CSP tag here. I’ve emailed the support team and they’re looking into it, but two of the (many, but I can only put two links in) projects where this has been an issue are:

CSD Unit 3 Lesson 15 Page 9: shared page

CSD Unit 3 Lesson 17 Page 13: shared page

All students are using MacBooks and accessing the site on the latest version of Chrome. The issue is sporadic and I have not been able to predict when it will occur. There is no apparent link to internet connectivity. Refreshing the page occasionally solves the issue, and when the student moves to the next level, the issue usually will not persist.