Glitch in Block code?

csdunit3

#1

Has anyone else had the issue come up where a student programs something in the Java Script using block code and it is all correct but it won’t run and then when switched to text it will run? This has happened to 4 of my students and we are all very confused about what we are doing to cause this. Is it something we have done, or is there a glitch. Like I said we always have multiple people look at it when this happens to make sure the blocks are all correct, but we never seem to find and issue in the code and the text works so the program is actually fine.

Please advise!


#2

The best way to get help with this issue is to report it as a bug. You can do this by clicking on the hamburger shape in the upper right corner when you are logged into your account. It is the first item in the list. Thank you for reporting this.


#3

This has been happening to me quite a bit this week. I have found a workaround, but if you haven’t marked it as a bug, please let me know and I will do it.

Here’s the workaround.

  1. Switch to javascript mode and copy the code (just so it doesn’t get lost if something happens in step 2)
  2. Check to make sure it has saved recently … if not, go back to step 1.
  3. Refresh your browser.

Every time I’ve tried this, it has worked and I haven’t lost anything, but I always copy the code just in case because I can then paste it in again if I have to start over.

Mike