Connect Two Circuit Playground Classic boards to App Lab

Is it possible to connect and program two Circuit Playground Classic boards to one App Lab program.

I would even be willing to use Adafruit’s “make code” interface if necessary.

Thank you,
Beth

Hi @bpenney,

No. I don’t believe there is a way to connect two boards to one App Lab program. You would need to be able to differentiate which board you were pointing to in your program and I don’t see that there is a way to do that with the blocks we are given in App Lab. For example, if you were pulling the temperature from one of the boards to display in the app, you would need to be able to point to which board’s temperature sensor to use. I am not sure about MakeCode. If you want to give more information about what you would like to try and accomplish with two boards, the forum might be able to give you ideas on how to do that with what is given in App Lab.

Michelle

Michelle,

Thank you for the quick reply. I think the student was asking about being able to expand to another board to give them more pins to connect to. They were feeling limited with just the 5 available for their Smart Bike project.

There should be 8 pins IF you have the Circuit Playground Express. I have attached a reference from Unit 6 Lesson 15 Activity 4 (map level). I just turned on two LEDs using pin 6 and pin 10 and sharing a GND pin. Hope that gives your student a few more options.
Michelle

1 Like

Okay, I was going off the documentation that says only 0, 2, 3, 6, and 12.

I will see if the additional ones are enough.

Thanks,
Beth

Realizing the documentation you referenced is for Circuit Playground Express…we have Classic.