Create Performance Task

How would the following look in code blocks?

• Input & Output
  • List with data being stored, and elsewhere the list is used to manage complexity.
  • Procedure with a parameter
    • selection statement in this procedure utilizing the parameter
    • iteration statement (loop) in this procedure
  • Call to that procedure

This is a video:
An input could be drop-downs, buttons, command lines or really anything that makes something else happen. Output is what is on the screen or console. Your students will record this. Can be an internal recorder like screentastic/OBS or a just a cell phone pointed at a screen. Important part here is AP wants to see the app running, not a view of the code.

This is your PPR:
The list questions is asking, “how data have been stored in the list.” This is asking you to show how your list is being created. This could be an empty array or a data column.

The next is asking you WHERE the list is being processed. You need to show just were the above list is getting data added to it or used.

Both of the above just need to be one line. The AP reader can ONLY look at the first copy/paste, so just include one when you paste. It looks weird, but it is right. I just use a snipping tool on a desktop to capture the following.

This is the only one I don’t have my kids do in block code.
The procedure is your main function (SEQUENCING) in your program. It needs to pass along a parameter. Within that function you need to go through the above list with a for statement (ITERATION). Within that for statement you need an if/else statement (SELECTION). I have my students go to text mode, copy/paste to a word doc. Download as a PDF and then covert that PDF to a PNG online.

The call is just where in your program is that function being called. Again, I just use a snipping tool.

Important part for the PPR is that it cannot have any comments AT ALL on it when you copy/paste them. They won’t let your student do the written response if they see comments on the PPR.

All of this info comes from:

A couple of us on here have posted videos that explain this more in depth if you scroll down the forum a little. I hope this help! Good luck!