Hey rock stars,
This week a team of middle school computer science teachers hashing out our standards. Does anyone have standards (or draft standards!) that you’re using for “learner centered assessment” (our spin off of standards based grading")?
- We have 6th through 8th graders for 9 weeks each school year.
- We are at 7 different buildings in our district.
- We're leaning towards either:
- Roll out 2 CSD units each year.
- 6th grade: MS Office, typing, & video production 7th: CSD Unit 1 & CSD Unit 2 8th: CSD Unit 3
Read so far:
- We like what we're seeing in the [K12 CS framework](https://k12cs.org/framework-statements-by-grade-band/#jump-6-8), but are a bit intimidated to take it all on at once.
- I already saw @josh's framework for Washington state over on [this thread](http://forum.code.org/t/has-anyone-created-frameworks-for-cs-discoveries/7455).