Dear Intrepid CS Principles Teachers,
As part of our ongoing updates to the CS Principles curriculum we will be releasing updates to the AP Create PT Prep unit today (Wednesday December 13th) around 3:30pm PST.
Summary: The unit - called “Create PT Prep” - can be assigned to your class just like any other unit in the course. It includes three lessons that guide you and students through reviewing, preparing for, and doing the AP Create Performance Task. Here’s a quick summary of what you can expect to find.
- Entire unit now aligned with 2018 Create PT Scoring Guidelines
- Annotated Create PT sample submissions with commentary to help you understand the details of the 2018 Create PT Scoring Guidelines.
- A Create PT Survival Guide with activities to help both you and your students understand the elements of the task. This includes:
- Choosing a good algorithm
- Choosing a good abstraction
- Brainstorming good project ideas
- Narrowing down project ideas
- Planning guides to help you pace your work
- Templates, commentary, and checklists for each component of the task
- Verified teachers will have access to an “answer key” for the survival guide that contains exemplar solutions to each activity found in the guide.
- Updated lesson plans that:
- Guide you through reviewing the task and sample submissions
- Show how implement activities in the survival guide.
- Review essential info before starting the task.
We hope this updated unit proves useful in your classrooms. If you have any clarifying questions please feel free to ask us here and we’ll be happy to help!